As a pet photographer, I thought it would be helpful to list some tips to get your dog ready for their portrait session and make it less stressful for you and your pet. 🙂
- Take your dog for a walk before the photoshoot takes place. Your dog will be happier, calmer and more focused on the camera (plus I have some awesome tricks up my sleeve!!)
- Bring your dogs favorite treats!! This will also help your dog get some awesome photos and give them something else to focus on too.
- Favorite toys always help the dog focus on the camera. If they are really squeaky toys, even better 🙂
- Brush and groom your dog so they look their best!! I loved when Nahla came to her photoshoot wearing a cute flower on her collar and when Waffles came wearing a really cute red bandana…
- Only bring one other person to the photoshoot. This helps the dog as it will be easier for them to focus and to know what to do. If the dog is well trained and knows their sit/stay, even better!! I will get you to keep your dog on a leash (it’s only a two second fix in Photoshop to edit it out, but would much rather your dog be 100% safe – and happy!!)
Hopefully these tips help you prepare for your session!! Looking forward to meeting you and your dog!! 🙂